It has been a long time since we mentioned a Bravo television show on #sasstag, which is kind of a travesty because they ultimately inspired this blog. But I cannot go on like this any longer! I am still processing the events of the Real Housewives of Beverly Hills reunion that aired last night, made even more difficult due to the fact that I am also coping with the show being done. Writing a post about it is the only way to work through my feelings (I think this is a known form of therapy??). My love for many Bravo shows has faltered, but never RHOBH. Its delivers consistently and it’s just too damn good not to watch– the way New Jersey was before Danielle Staub said her goodbyes.
Things I liked about the RHOBH Season 3 reunion:
- The Lisa-Yolanda-Brandi alliance seemed stronger than ever.
- I’m really glad they brought up Yolanda’s horse. Even though she is a certified bo$$, her comment about not being able to afford another horse was almost as absurd as Adrienne thinking people in this world respect her. Which leads me to my next favorite part….
- ADRIENNE WASN’T THERE. We didn’t have to look at her fugly shimmering hair extensions or weird bangs except when they included her in video flashback thingies. I definitely could have done without those…
- Oh, and Andy did an amazing job of calling out Ms. Maloof for being the biggest flake ever every chance he got and I LOVE HIM FOR IT. Girl is finally getting what she deserves.
- Camille was absent. I know she’s no longer a housewife, but it was kind of hard to remember that at some points during this season because she was just as present and involved as she was when she was still a cast mate. And even though I don’t dislike her, she truly doesn’t bring much to the table in the form of opinions, so it’s better that we didn’t have to put up with listening to her fakely soft voice for even one minute.
- Brandi, in typical badass bitch fashion, never lost her cool. I am beyond obsessed with this woman it is probably unhealthy OK bye.
Things I didn’t like about the RHOBH Season 3 reunion:
- Adrienne wasn’t there. This was a bit of a double-edged sword, as I truly enjoyed not having to look at her…but it would have been all that much more dramatic.
- I had trouble sleeping last night because my opinions of Kyle (and Mauricio!) are still pretty unclear. Life was much easier when she was the clear favorite.
- It’s not OK that they didn’t bring up Dana Wilkey’s short cameo on the show. I know she is entirely insignificant and they had a lot of ground to cover, but I think we all would have appreciated if they at least acknowledged that it happened.
- Nobody mentioned Faye Resnick’s terrible existence. I really would have liked to see Kyle’s face as she watched the clip of Faye walking over to the Brandi-Yolanda-Marisa conversation and made things extremely awkward for no reason other than to get attention. And then I would have liked for them to spend at least 10-15 minutes discussing how hypocritical and horrific she is.
- It ended. Not OK. Bravo could make millions more off of this show if they just presented more and more footage that they obviously already have…why are they torturing us like this?!
Andy Cohen is a saint for being able to sit in the middle of all of this year after year. He should really be charged with solving world peace at this point. I can imagine it doesn’t get much harder than getting these women to settle down.